room in roof insulation
A quarter of your home’s heat is lost through the roof. If you have a room in the roof of your home, such a loft conversion, you could significantly cut your household bills as well as making your home warmer by insulating this space.
Properties suitable for room-in-roof insulation
As part of your application our assessors will visit your home to check its suitability, however, in order to process your application your room-in-roof must:
- Have fully accessible stairs leading to it. Attic ladders don’t count.
- The room cannot be part of another storey as this doesn’t count as a room in a roof. 50% of the vertical walls shouldn’t be over 1.8 metres.
- The room, particularly the rafters, needs to be adequately ventilated, to prevent condensation.
- Your roof needs to be free from any damage including damp, mold, rot or flaking timbers. This could make it too weak to apply the insulation and could mean problems could be left to accumulate unseen underneath the plasterboard.
- Cannot have over 100mm of insulation already installed
How it works
Unlike loft insulation room-in-roof insulation is inserted between the rafters and behind walls and plasterboard this acts as a blanket trapping the heat in your home.
What if I don’t have a room in my roof?
If you don’t have a room in your roof you could still make your home warmer and cut your energy bills by having loft insulation installed. Click here to find out more.
don't wait, apply today
Fill in the contact form below and a member of our team will be in in touch within 24 hours to help you with your application.
Have any questions?
Is it really free?
Yes. If you qualify, any work undertaken in your home is 100% free. You won’t be asked for any money and we won’t undertake the work if you do not qualify.
How do I know this is not a scam?
Green Key Installations is an approved supplier as part of the Eco4 scheme and you can find us on the approved supplier database by visiting Installer Profile – Green Deal ORB (beis.gov.uk)